Thursday, October 21, 2010

Free Things You're Not Doing

So tonight I am going to a yoga class at Discovery Green in downtown Houston. Now, this area is part of an effort to rehabitate downtown; make it a place people want to be at night instead of a place people have to be during the day. I must say, with the variety of programs and classes they offer they are on the right track.

Having lived in Houston all my life (and having been broke longer than that), I have a great respect for free programming: Discovery Green does not dissapoint. With a variety of fitness classes, arts programs... Even a weekly concert series, Discovery Green really is a great place to have fun and get to know some great people. The area really does accomodate just about everything you could want to do: they even have dog runs built in to the space, and a weekly Farmer's Market!

I certainly would not mind if I had a bit more money: if you don't wish you had a bit more, feel free to give me $20. In the meantime, that isn't as important when there is amazing programming like this available. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment