Thursday, January 13, 2011

The value of $0.49

So I am currently sitting at a fast-food-ish sandwich shop that I typically like, but at the moment I am currently somewhat irked. Instead of getting my chips and drink for the advertised 2.59, they were charged separately and ended up costing 3.08. I pointed this out to the person at the register after getting my receipt, and he informed me that I needed to ask for the combo - merely asking for chips and drink with my sandwich wasn't enough. Now I paid with a debit card, which makes the partial refund a bit more difficult, but not impossible. So now I'm somewhat irked - I probably have $0.49 sitting in the cushions of my couch at home right now, but the point is that the restaurant seems to have just snuck in and taken my money. That doesn't seem acceptable to me. I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the trouble actually filing a complaint online. Actually, I think I will. This way, I can either have my issue resolved or I can have the authority to say that a certain restaurant is just horrible.

My question is: when did this become the standard of service? I'm not demanding that you carry me inside, roll out a red carpet and have throngs of virgins throwing flowers at my feet. I just want you to at least admit when a mistake is made - an apology goes a long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment