Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Uh oh... Busted...

So today I was busted. I was pretty sure I was all alone in my section at work, and even though it isn't acceptable I decided that I would go ahead anyways: I broke out the Christmas music.

Now I do fully understand that it really isn't socially accepted to acknowledge Christmas before Thanksgiving has even passed. However, I'm in a blah mood and wanted to be cheered up. Much like the promise of a 12-year-old on cough syrup to R. Kelly, I can't help but get excited at the prospect of the holidays.

There are many things to be excited about, too. I am continuously chugging along with my Christmas knitting (which I may not be able to post right away, since it would ruin the surprise for Christmas!), I am eagerly anticipating the day after Thanksgiving to put up my lights and I can't wait to get a little tree to decorate! Supposedly Glee is putting out a holiday album (as long as Rachel isn't singing "Oh Come, All Ye Faithful" I will be happy... Since I like that song, but increasingly not liking her). Oh, and my Christmas bonus this year will go towards my pet deposit... Since I'm getting a puppy shortly afterward.

Now, as far as being busted: well, a coworker just really liked the sound of my music and wanted to come ask who it was (Josh Groban Christmas Album). So it wasn't even as bad as it could have been... But yes, I am so ready for Christmas-time!

In short, there are so many things about the holiday season I love that I really don't understand how anyone could be unhappy at this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. I may bust out the Christmas music early, too! I love Christmas music - and I live by myself now, so no one can complain. :)

    ReplyDelete